bETTER AT HOME
United Way’s Better at Home program helps BC’s older adults continue living independently in their own homes by providing simple, non-medical home support services.
• Light Housekeeping (waitlist closed)
• Grocery Shopping – Phone In
• Light Yard Work – Spring & Summer (Full)
• Good Morning Calls
• Friendly Visitor (suspended)
• Food Bank Hamper Deliveries
• Farmers' Market Vouchers – Spring & Summer
Better at Home to find out more and to apply for services:
become a volunteer
We are always looking for regular, reliable volunteers to help with meals on wheels deliveries, grocery shopping and food hamper deliveries.
We do require a criminal record check and driving positions require you to have your own vehicle.
If you are interested in volunteering your time to help Seniors in our community please drop off a completed Better At Home Volunteer application. Once your application has been received we will contact you to arrange a criminal record check and figure out your volunteer schedule.